Magic table mesmerises residents at RFBI Kurri Kurri Masonic Village29 Dec 2020
Earlier this month, the kind and generous members of Kurri Rotary Sunrise gifted our residents and staff at RFBI Kurri Kurri Masonic Village a Tovertafel (Magic Table). The table was gifted at a reception hosted at the village and attended by The Rotary Club of Kurri Kurri Sunrise Inc members and representatives of businesses who helped to raise the $19,000 for the table and software, Mayor Bob Pynset, and members of the RFBI team.
The table’s colourful games, sensors and sounds mesmerised residents during a demonstration earlier this year. The residents were so absorbed in the ease of operation, even for our residents with dementia, and the benefits are many.
Ann James from The Rotary Club of Kurri Kurri Sunrise Inc was proactive in sourcing the funds to gift our residents the Tovertafel. Rotary, local businesses, and the community pulled together to raise the funds needed, with the additional help from a grant from Rotary Foundation.
Despite the challenges of this year, they were able to make it happen and our residents are now benefiting from their amazing gift, which has advanced our Leisure & Lifestyle program at the village.
Thank you to Ann and to everyone listed below:
- Rotary Foundation District 9670
- Members of Rotary Club Kurri Sunrise
- C.R. Smyth and Son
- Coalfields Kurri Kurri Diabetes Support Group
- Priceline Pharmacy Kurri Kurri – Ken Wilson
- Solid Engineering
- KFC Kurri Kurri
- Kurri Kurri Bowling Club
- Creighton’s Funeral Services Kurri Kurri
- Bunnings Cessnock
- Kurri Kurri Visitor Information Centre (Towns with a Heart)
- All the community members who were involved and purchased raffle tickets and supported other fundraising activities