Coping with COVID-19 – Tip of the Week7 Oct 2020
It’s Mental Health Month, and whilst we’re actively starting the conversation around mental health in aged care through RFBI’s Mental Moments Show, we want to remind everyone to look after your mental health always. It has been an unusual year for all. And it’s OK to feel like you are not OK.
There are some steps you can take to look after your mental health today, tomorrow and beyond:
- Remember to maintain perspective. Those with the disease haven’t done anything wrong and the experts around the world providing advice are finding out more information about the disease as we go, which means their advice will change as they become more informed.
- Stay calm and practical. Continue to do the right things as advised by leading authorities.
- Be selective with the media and information you consume and rely only on credible sources.
- Stick to a routine. Ensure you get plenty of sleep, eat nutritious foods and enjoy regular physical activity.
- Seek support if you need it. Organisations such as Beyond Blue are at hand if you need further support with your mental wellbeing.
For more tips on coping with COVID-19 visit https://rfbi.com.au/coping-with-covid19/