New Visiting Protocols
20 December, 2020: Temporary visitor restrictions at all residential aged care villages located in NSW have been introduced. We understand that this may disrupt planned visits for some families. At each of our Villages, we have staff available to assist with alternative forms of visiting. Please call your RFBI Village to make arrangements.
16 December 2020: Visitor restrictions have been eased and RFBI has updated our visiting protocols.
A new Public Health Order (PHO) has been released which relaxes many of the visiting restrictions that have been in place for aged care residents. RFBI has responded to these changes and is pleased to advise the following changes to our visitor protocols:
- There is no longer a 2 visitor limit per resident. Residents are allowed to receive an unlimited number of visitors.
- There is no longer a time limit for how long visitors can stay.
- Visitors are no longer required to pre-book visits at our Villages. We have also removed our online booking form. You are still welcome to advise your Village of when you plan to visit and this may facilitate a faster entry as pre-entry screening is still a requirement.
- All visitors are still required to undertake pre-entry screening. See below to read a copy of our current pre-entry screening form:
- Visitors are encouraged to visit residents between the hours of 8am and 6pm. If you would like to visit outside of these hours, we strongly recommend you advise your Village that you will be visiting and the estimated time of your arrival so that they can facilitate your pre-entry screening.
- Visitors are no longer required to have had the flu vaccination, however it is still a requirement for staff
- Assisted telephone calls and video calls remain a visiting option at all RFBI Villages however to ensure we have staff available to assist, we still require these to be scheduled in advance. You can do this by contacting your RFBI Village.
It is still extremely important that you do not visit any RFBI Village if you are even mildly unwell. If you are unsure of whether you should be visiting your loved one please call the Village prior to visiting.