Your Guide to Home Care
We know there is no place like home and that you value your independence. However, as you get older, there are times when you need an extra hand so that you can continue to live comfortably at home. That’s when RFBI Care at Home can help.
Our professional teams can assist you with a wide range of home care services, including property maintenance, pet care, transport and social support, as well as daily tasks around the home, such as preparing meals, house cleaning and personal care. We also offer nursing services and clinical care to ensure you can continue living at home in comfort and safety.
How to apply: your step-by-step guide
- Arrange assessment by the government’s Aged Care Assesment Team (ACAT) for your eligibility, taking into account your present situation and requirements. Call ACAT at 1800 200 422 or contact your nearest RFBI home care team and we’ll coordinate on your behalf.
- Select your preferred home care provider and arrange to meet them. Take your client code (from your ACAT assessment).
- Meet your home care coordinator to discuss your needs and put together the right package.
- Finalise your home care plan and arrange its commencement date.
- Commence your home care services and ensure they are reviewed periodically to meet your needs so you can enjoy life to its fullest.
Fees and charges
There are two fees associated with services providing care at home: the basic daily daily care fee and the income tested fee.
The basic daily care fee is set by the government and is currently 17.5% of the basic single person pension.
The income tested fee is worked out by the Department of Health, based on their assessment of your financial situation (income and asset assessment).
If you are half of a couple, half of your combined income is considered in determining your income-tested care fee, regardless of which partner earns the income.
More detailed information can only be realistically provided in the light of your particular financial situation. To find out more call My Aged Care at 1800 200 422 to estimate the fees and charges you will have to pay towards your home care needs. The Government website has a very handy calculator to help with estimating home care fees. Click here to visit the calculator https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/fee-estimator/home-care/form
Frequently asked questions
Home Care Packages are Government funded aged care services to provide coordinated support for older people, or people with a disability, who prefer to remain at home, either living on their own or with their spouse/partner or family. There are four levels of Home Care Packages to support people with:
- Home Care Level 1 – basic care needs
- Home Care Level 2 – low level care needs
- Home Care Level 3 – intermediate care needs
- Home Care Level 4 – high care needs
You will have total control over the services you receive and the amount of involvement you have in managing them.
Typically these include:
- Personal services: showering, toileting, dressing and undressing
- Social support: to aid with socialising, companionship and staying active
- In your home: washing and ironing services, house cleaning, assistance with meal preparation, shopping, cleaning up and more
- Around your home: like washing and ironing, house cleaning, meal preparation, shopping, cleaning up and more
- Around town: Transport and personal assistance to attend appointments, shopping, collect prescriptions, social activities, the hairdresser, or catch up with friends
- Out of town: We can assist you with travel; provide or coordinate to transport you to medical appointments or visit family or friends
- Pet care: Your pet is an important part of your life; we can support with feeding, bathing and grooming your pet, and transport to vet appointments
- Clinical care: this nursing and health support with podiatry, physiotherapy, exercise, mobility, continence issues and other help
- Respite: we can provide care for a loved one in their home while you attend to matters outside yours
- Specialised equipment: you can hire or buy from RFBI
The range of services offered through RFBI home care is so comprehensive the need seldom arises; however, your RFBI advisor is always happy to discuss your specific needs with you to determine how they may be met.
Yes, you are free to do so. You are also free to cancel any services at any time. Our consumer directed model of care ensures your freedom of choice. We give you the information you need to make the right choices for you.
There is currently a waiting period for both ACAT assessments and available packages in most areas. So please call us so we can help you through this process.
Yes, police checks are required for all staff, contractors and volunteers who look after our clients and residents.
Yes, we provide Care at Home services to private clients as well as those on a part or full pension. To find out more, please call our Care at Home team on 1300 848 093.
You are entitled to social leave from your home care package service for up to 28 days each year, whenever you want.
Yes; as with social leave (above), you will be required to continue paying for your package but will not incur any additional charges. Time spent in hospital is not counted as part of your social leave and you are required to pay your normal fees and charges during this time.
Your home care package is assigned to you, so you can choose the provider that best meets your needs and goals. If you decide to make a change, your unspent home care package funds (less any exit amount) will move with you.