What is changing for providers?
From 19 May 2014, we are required to publish our maximum accommodation prices and descriptive information on the My Aged Care website. This information will be for new residents entering care on or after 1 July 2014. The accommodation prices and descriptions must also be available on our website and in materials provided to prospective residents and their families.
The published information must include the maximum accommodation price as a refundable deposit, an equivalent daily payment and an example of a combination payment of both. The final accommodation price we charge for any room may be less than the published amount, we can negotiate this, along with any extra services or amenities with the resident, as part of their Accommodation Agreement.
This is a legislative requirement under the Fees and Payments Principles 2014, which is available at www.comlaw.gov.au
What information must be published?
For each group of rooms or part of a room (a bed in a shared room or ward) that we are offering at different prices, we are to provide the following information:
- the kind of accommodation offered (e.g. private or shared) and maximum occupancy;
- the type of bathroom (e.g. ensuite or shared);
- a statement describing the quality, condition, size and amenity of the room and any common areas which a person in that room could access;
- a description of any specific accommodation or design features of the room or the areas of the facility someone occupying this room will be able to access;
- any additional care or services (other than those specified in the Quality of Care Principles 1997) included in the accommodation payment; and
- whether there are any additional costs associated with the room (e.g. extra service fees).
For each group of rooms, we need to provide the following information:
- the maximum price that we will charge for accommodation in that room on or after 1 July 2014, quoted as both refundable deposit and daily payment amounts; and
- an example of a combination payment (for example, the price of the room if the resident paid 50% of the accommodation payment as a refundable deposit and 50% of the accommodation payment by periodic daily payments).
To see the pricing details for our facilities please go to the Aged Care link and choose the facility that you are interested in finding out about.